Avoid Dental Damage With TMJ Treatment in Carlsbad
Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) have an essential role in your body. They give your jaw its natural opening and closing function. Because of these joints, you can easily talk, laugh, chew, bite, and yawn. But if they stop functioning correctly, it’s impossible to ignore. That’s when you’ll need TMJ treatment in Carlsbad. With our help, you will:
- Enjoy a meal without loud popping sounds when you chew
- Put a stop to chronic discomforts, such as jaw pain and headaches
- Protect your teeth from further wear-and-tear
- Open and close your mouth with ease
- Get a better night’s sleep and wake up without a sore jaw
Call 760-823-8282 for an appointment. Ask about our Membership Club for savings on treatment! It’s a great option if you don’t have insurance.
Get Relief From Your TMJ Pain & Feel Like Yourself Again
A TMJ disorder can happen for many reasons. Arthritis, teeth-grinding habits, or injury to your mouth can trigger it. Whatever the cause, your dentists can provide treatment that stops your pain. First, we’ll do an exam and take digital X-rays. We want to understand your complete oral health before recommending any solution. Based on our findings, we may suggest:
- Custom Oral Appliance – We can make a custom bite guard that prevents you from clenching or grinding your teeth. This gives your jaw a chance to heal. The mouthguard will fit you perfectly and last longer than any store-bought product.
- Botox® Treatments – Another method of relief is through Botox. We’ll inject this FDA-approved treatment in strategic places on your jaw. It relieves your pain and encourages natural mouth movement.
Restorative dental care might also be part of your treatment. It’s especially important if grinding has damaged your teeth. We may also recommend orthodontic solutions, since misaligned teeth can cause a TMJ problem. Fortunately, we have many solutions to get your teeth in the correct alignment. Your dentist will discuss which is suitable for you.
Call 760-823-8282 for TMJ treatment in Carlsbad. You can also .